Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spring fever? Already?

It is only mid-February and I'm thinking of how to attract humming birds to my feeder.  I know all the ins and outs already but I have not had much luck.  I'm thinking there are too many seasoned humming bird feeders around here that they go to every year but nothing I have read says they come back to the same feeders as last year.

I have the perfect spot right off the window by my computer.  I have flowering quince tree to attract them but I have only attracted 1 or 2 a year and they don't stay with us all summer.  I know our camping probably has something to do with this.  You need to change the nectar every 3-4 days and sometimes we are gone longer than that.  We have some new neighbors and maybe they will take care of that problem this summer.  They could even do it right over the fence w/o entering our yard and they also get to watch the hummers too from their windows.

Ustream has a couple baby hummers to watch right now in Orange County, California.  I just re-found this site while searching for hints to attract hummers to my backyard.  Phoebe and her babies  Last year I followed this one and another one that had 3 in her nest, of which one was an orphan that was put in there for mom to feed.


Talking about spring, I love butterflies, they are probably in my top ten list to crochet!  I finished one yesterday and hung it in my window with my hearts.  See it there on the left?  I need to find me some flowers to plant outside my window that  that attract butterflies.

Spring Fever, ahh, yes, but back to reality and doing something productive around here like the dishes in the sink from breakfast.

I hope you enjoy your day!  And maybe share a little of your "spring fever", especially if you live in one of the north-east states like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment