Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Is it still October?

Life as I know and love it has still not returned but I need to "let go and let God" which is very difficult for me to do.  I always seem to want to control the situations in my life and sometimes that is not realistic.

But I love that I have crocheting that relaxes me.  No matter how complex the pattern it is still relaxing.  Actually the more complex the pattern is the more I relax because I can put 99% of myself into the pattern and let go of what I have no control of at least for a few hours of the day.

One of the more complex looking patterns that I hope to start this week I found in my favorite place to be on Monday mornings, Snowcatcher's Monday Snowflake.  Snowcatcher is really Deborah Atkinson and she writes a wonderful blog with so much to share and not just snowflakes! When I finish the sweater I am crocheting for my grand-dog and mail it I will do this newest snowflake.  I plan to do the pattern just as Deborah has designed it but then I plan to do some minor changes.  I will share them when they are done.  

Crocodile Snowflake



We had our son and his family at our home this weekend.  We celebrated our oldest granddaughter's 9th birthday with family and friends.  . It was great to have everyone together!




Our grandson with their dog, Kerri
Our granddaughter and grandson playing
with the LiteBrite.
Our ganddaughter with her great-grandmother
(my mother)



One of the happenings this month has been making arrangements for my mother to live in a nursing home.  This has been a tough time.  No one wants to live in a nursing home and no one wants to have to put their parent or any loved one into a nursing home so it was not a decision taken lightly.  Many tears were shed, many conversations with Mom, many health personnel were consulted and Mom was evaluated by those health personnel who confirmed our decision.  She is a beautiful woman whom has raised 6 children and deserves so much TLC.

There is more going on in our lives right now but I will for today "Let go and Let God".

For those in the path of Hurricane Sandy please stay safe.  We will only feel the very outer edges of the storm.  Lots of wind and possibly some snow are forecast for our part of Michigan but nothing compared to the coastal states.  I have a sister and her family in WV and a nephew in Maryland so saying prayers for their safety.








1 comment:

  1. I also hope and pray for safety, warmth and lots of quiet, fun time at home with family for those in Sandy's path.

    I can't wait to see what you do with the crocodile flake pattern! You have my curiosity picqued! And I'm so with you... the more complicated, the better; it chases the stress away until the head can more fully contemplate. :)

    ReplyDelete