Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Monday, January 2, 2012

The Holidays

Wow, the holidays were awesome this year!  But a little rough on my MS!  I find myself really dragging but just need to rest for a few days and I'll be up and running..well, back to my regular routine.

A very important day this Sunday and we have planned a surprise get-together for that celebration.  My mom turns 80!  We'll be happily busy all weekend! One of the highlights of this weekend is sister from WV and her family will be here for the celebration!  We see them throughout the year but never enough times, the trip from WV to MI is a long road trip.  We are hoping most of my mother's  children, grand-children and great-grand children will be there.  Although, I am pretty sure my youngest son and his family will not be here from Indianapolis because they were just here for Christmas (and moved from one home to another before and after the trip to MI) and a grandson in Maryland will probably not be able to make it because of work.

It is always difficult to get so many of us together anymore but those that can make it will do so and those that can't will be here in spirit.  The picture on the left is at a wedding this summer.  In the pic are my mom, myself and my 4 sisters.  Our brother died in the '70s but left us with 3 beautiful children and now we enjoy all his grandchildren too!









Before the holidays I crocheted a pattern called small snowflake and it was really small so I went on to make it larger.  I can't take credit for the pattern because of the beginning not being mine but thought I'd post pics of it.  I made a mistake, can you spot it?  Even non-crocheters should be able to spot it!







While I am on the subject of snowflakes just a reminder to visit Snowcatcher's blog http://www.snowcatcher.net/ on Mondays and find all her patterns and pics of snowflakes!  I have printed out most of her patterns and made lots of them.  I love snowflakes and especially love her patterns!  Some are challenging but I love a challenge!  I am not a person that finds one pattern and repeats that over and over. I find that too boring. Although some of my snowflakes are repeats most are one of kind for me.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and you have many great days in the year to come!  2012! wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment