Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snowflake pattern

I promised you my snowflake pattern.

The original snowflake pattern for "small snowflake" that I found online somewhere is:

Rnd. 1     Into magic circle chain 3, 11 dc, sl st into ch 3
Rnd 2      *Ch 3 skip next dc, sl st in next dc -repeat from * around and fasten off
                but for my larger snowflake but for mine  don't fasten off.
Rnd 3       Ch 5, sl st in top of Ch 3 space of previous round 5 times, ch 2, dc in last ch 3 space
Rnd 4       Ch 4, dc, hdc, sc in post of dc in last round, (sc, hdc, dc, tr, dtr, ch 3
                 and sc in top of dtr, tr, dc, hdc, sc) in next 5 ch 3s of previous round.
                 in ch 2 space of last round sc, hdc, dc, tr, dtr, sc in
                 top of dtr,  and sl st in top of  ch 4 that started this round.  fasten off

stiffen with white glue, sprinkle with glitter and let dry.

Enjoy on your tree!


And remember to not make the mistake I made with my snowflake!!  Can you find it??  I have 7 points on my snowflake instead of the 6 that should be if you follow the pattern.  How I did this, I don't know but it is not the first time and certainly won't be the last.


I made a sweater and cap for my grandson's teddy bear!  They sent me a pic of it so I have to share!  The cute little boy here is my only grandson, Eddie!!

I have just started following a blog, Lisa's Craft and found this cute idea for phone case for your cell phones.  Check it out.  http://lisascraftblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/version-cell-phone-pocket.html

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one with snowflakes that are, um, no two alike...

    The teddy bear outfit is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete