Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

More love and hearts!

Still doing hearts!  I think I found my favorite of all times!  But if you are a crocheter you know we can be very fickle, the next favorite of all times may be the next time one appears of the end of your hook and the former love gets less love.  Fickle, I say!!

The large one in the center of the 3 pink ones was supposed to be for a hot pad but I did it with thread and stiffened it.  I'm thinking it will hang from my light fixture above my kitchen/dining table!  I found the pattern at FreeCraft  http://www.freecraftunlimited.com/heart-crochet-hot-pad.html

But my favs are the two on each side of it!!  And I found they are easier to crochet than they look.  They are called "Lacy Little Hearts"  by Daniela Herbertz and can be found on her blog.  http://danielasneedleart.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/lace-little-hearts.jpg

She did some really cute things with different sizes of them.  

I'm in the rough draft stage of making either valentine cards or thank you cards using my small hearts that I have made.  I am not creative when it comes to writing but I am sure I can search the web and find some clever words to put on the front of the card with my hearts.  I happened to get some tiny little two-sided tape thingies in the mail trying to get me to buy their card-making kits.  I very seldom buy kits but the "thingies" come in handy to tape my hearts on the cards I am creating.

Here is my rough drafts:  any great ideas for me??
 And I have to share the bag I won during a give-away on FaceBook.  Thanks to Personalized Frames!!  Love the color and everything else about this bag.  Just absolutely perfect to keep my current projects in.  Maybe you could go to her FB page and give her a little love!  https://www.facebook.com/personalizedframes?sk=wall&filter=2

Talking about projects!  I am making some headbands for some girls in Africa.  If you are interested in helping out in the endeavor here is the info for this:  http://snappy-tots.com/archives/883.  You will get a pattern that works great for your scrap yarn. It is called Crocheting a rainbow for Africa. I made 6 of them in less than 1 hour last night.

Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment