Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

November has been a great month!

We went to Indianapolis to watch our 9 year old granddaughter compete in her 2nd gymnastic meet!  She won three awards, 2nd on the bars, 2nd on the beam and 3rd overall in her age group.  The 3rd place overall award was a plaque and she was absolutely thrilled with her first plaque to hang on the wall!  And she is already qualified for state competition taking place sometime in the spring of 2013!  She did her first complete Mill Circle on the bars without help!  So many accomplishments in one day!  She makes her Nana proud!


And this is our grandson, Eddie!  They have this gorgeous tree right outside their front door!  And it is the perfect climbing tree for a 7 year-old.  His dad was always a tree climber too.  

We had so much fun building things from magnets and straight pieces (I have no idea what the "technical" term is for these straight pieces). We made octagons, decagons!  We made them concave, equiangular....my time spent as a math parapro helped me kind of keep up with him!


And this is our 7-year old granddaughter.  Her and her dad visited us a couple weekends ago!  She had on a hat her great-grandmother had given her!  She made a very beautiful bear but ferocious was more the look she was hoping to convey! 



We have some pesky squirrels that love the sunflower seeds around our bird feeders.  I don't mind when they just scavenge for the ones on the ground but my feeders are supposed to be off limits.  I wish I had a video of how persistent this one was to get into our window feeder.  This pictures says it all tho!  He made it and for a few seconds enjoyed the sunflower seeds before I shooed him down.  That feeder is now several feet further up the window!  

Here are a pair of barefoot sandals I made for someone luckier than me to be on the beach this winter in one of our warmer climate states.  Or you could wear them poolside. I have a couple women that order them for yoga and comment how nicely they hold up during those times!  You can head on over to my Etsy shop if you are interested in a pair or two.  I make them in several colors and designs.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/BrendaJBoutique

And here is a little Christmas Elf hat for a little one this holiday season!  I'm thinking it would be a really cute hat for the Christmas baby this year!  I don't have this in my Etsy shop but you could comment below if you are interested in it. 


And today I have no hats on order, the only project I am working on is an afghan for one of my grand-daughters for Christmas so I plan to make some snowflakes!  I haven't done any of those for awhile.

I hope life is treating you well and smiles are abound in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment