Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Breast Cancer will not win!!

Recently a niece of mine was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  She has the greatest attitude about beating this damn monster that I have no doubt she will win out.  She says that she knows she has a bumpy road ahead for the next year but she can and will win!







These are some awareness ribbons that I made for her and her family.


This is a chemo cap 

I made for her.



I used Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity Garden Yarn for this chemo cap.  Color is Mountain Heather.  Machine washable and dryable one skein.  I started with Red Heart's pattern, Chemo Cap LW2253 but as is my habit decided to change it as I went.  The purple circle in top of hat is from original pattern but then I started using the exsc that I had just learned how to do.  This stitch is a thinner stitch than a regular sc.   And I did not do the band and flower.  I used a D hook but I tend to crochet loosely so if you use this yarn you may want to use a larger hook.  

For the brim that rolls up I used a 0(zero) hook.


Love you Devon Irene!!


4 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with your niece - and her family through this difficult time.

    I love the hat you hooked for her - it is very lovely :) Rhondda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rhondda! We appreciate the prayers and good thoughts for our niece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. http://michigangardner.blogspot.com/ and commenting. It looks like you are into the same things that I am. Besides gardening, I crochet too.

    I have a peony like yours, but mine really needs to be moved. Before we moved here, someone planted it right under a shrub. It is nice sized, but only has 3 blooms. I am still figuring out where to move the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I am a Michigander too! We do have a lot in common! Great to meet you and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete