Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Thursday, September 5, 2013


MS NO LONGER KICKING MY BUTT!!


That is if I keep feeling the way I do!

I am on a new drug called Aubagio and I am hoping I continue feeling the way I do lately.  And no more shots!!


These are pics of my sister and me and the campground that we camp at quite often.  I have always wanted to walk around the lake but for the fear I wouldn't make it and someone would have to  help me the rest of the way I never tried it for the 4 years we have camped here.  My scooter wouldn't go on the hiking trail because of the narrowness of the path so I would just watch others walk around and come back smiling and laughing from their experience.  And there is another lake hidden from view by a large hill that leads up to it.  

But!!  somehow because I was feeling so good lately I tried and succeeded!  I was so happy and proud of myself.  Thanks to my sister and a friend that dared to go with me and help if needed.


My sister Beth and I across the lake from our campsite


Another pic of the campground from across the lake!  Pics I had never been able to take before because I tired so easily from the MS.  Take that you stupid disease!


I forgot to take a pic of the other lake but there will be other camping trips and other walks around the lake and other walks up the steep hill to take pics next time!

And back to one of my favorite topics!  No, it isn't grandkids or family it is just one of my fav topics.
Crochet!
In our camper I use grocery bags for the small waste basket we use in our kitchen/dining/living area so with that hint 
guess what I made.





Ta Da!




If you guessed a holder for the grocery bags you are right!







I used a tissue box for the shape.  I didn't write a pattern but all I did was make a chain the length of the bottom of the box and then sc until the rectangle is the size of the bottom of the box.  Break off and with another color start sc around the entire rectangle without adding any stitches.  From there I just changed colors when I felt like it and did stitches that I wanted to do at that point and continued in the round(actually rectangle) until the sides were high enough to reach the top of the box.  Place the box inside the "box" Now the tricky part I crocheted back and forth for the top.  I connected the stitches to the short side of the rectangle to anchor the stitches to form a rectangle for the top of the box.  When I got to the middle row of the top I got to within 4 stitches of the center and chained 8.  Then continued by skipping 8 stitches and crocheting in the last stitches in that row.  Next row I crocheted across the row in all the stitches and chains.  You now have an opening to push the bags into and to pull them out.  Continue crocheting back and forth until you get to the other long side of the box.  I then fastened off but kept a long strand of yarn to sew the top to the long edge of the box.


I think if I made another one I would make a rectangle for the top instead of crocheting back and forth because it was kind of difficult to hold the box and crochet along the top.  But if you do it this way remember to do the chain 8 and skip 8 stitches in the center for a hole to put and take out the plastic bags. Place the tissue box into the box you crocheted.   Then sew the rectangle to the top of the box cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment