Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MS Awareness Month

March is MS Awareness month!

Every year I say to myself this could be the year they find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.  I will never give up hope for family and friends with MS.

Those that follow my blog probably already know about my friend Catina.  Catina was struck hard early in her life by this damn disease.  She has lived in a nursing home for more than 5 years now.

 Her disease progressively gets worse.  I met Catina at a NMSS self-help group that I lead.  She and I had just recently been diagnosed when we started the group.  She went from a bubbly, very positive and active young lady to someone who needs 24 hour a day care in a nursing home.  She now is tube fed, doesn't talk, walk.....  She makes it known in subtle ways that she understands what is going on around her.  Sometimes she will answer a question with the slightest nod or shake of her head, she sometimes mouths the words of a song that she hears.  She cries sometimes while I am visiting,  it must be so frustrating to be forced into silence when you have so much to say and share!  It is Catina and others like her that I pray for the cure for MS!

But prayers haven't been enough so our MS SHG started a team of MS Walkers. If you would like to donate to help people like Catina you can go to my MSWalk page at  Brenda Johnson, Team ShiaWalkers.  Or if you want to donate in your own state you can go to http://www.nationalmssociety.org/ and search for a WalkMS or BikeMS closer to you!  Just please donate so others like Catina have hope!  thanks

Another blogger that raises money for MS research is Snowcatcher and you can find her fundraising info here.  She offers a booklet with some of her unpublished snowflake patterns for anyone that donates to her or her husband's BikeMS.  

I just made my donation so I can receive her booklet and also to show my appreciation for what her and her husband do every year for those of us with MS.  

Thanks Deborah and Brett for doing this every year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment