Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

computer crash is no fun

My Mini Mac gave out on me again, this is the second time and I think it is just time for a bigger computer.

The most difficult part for me is the loss of email addresses.  Just this morning I saw a crocheted frog and thought  about my friend Nancy who collects frogs and I went to send her a quick email.  UGH, I don't have her email, I am hoping it is somewhere in my paperwork mess, you know the little pieces of paper that you write things on and sometimes keep a few for years but with my luck that is the day that I was efficient and put her address into my email address book and threw the paper away.  The sad part is this is a friend I had just recently reconnected with at the local Meijers store.  I hope she emails me soon and that would give me her email address a lot easier than looking through my pile of  "paperwork"!


One of my crochet projects this week was a sweater for my cousin's new puppy, a cute little dachshund.  Allison, our feisty old cat, finally cooperated and "modeled" the sweater.  I was really afraid that she would dash off and I would never find the sweater in one piece again.  

I am using my son's laptop and you would not believe how long it took me to post the above pictures.  I now know how new computer users feel.  I don't want to mess this computer up any more than it already is and don't want to take up too much of his memory.

 I'm now going to get on my band wagon but I think it is a very important subject that needs to be said.  I am a melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer(I hate that description but it is too true), survivor!  I have been cancer-free for 15 years but  I recently had a "spot" removed from the top of my head that had been bothering me for awhile  and the report came back as precancerous.  Now what is precancer??  Well from what I read on WebMD it is either something that usually turns into cancer or actually had a few cancer cells but very confined.  The good news for me is it usually doesn't go on to be melanoma but squamous cell which isn't the most deadly form of skin cancer but can be if left long enough.  Either way the word cancer reminds me to wear my sun screen and now wear a hat whenever outside.  And now I just reminded you to do the same.

I'm sorry if this post seems kind of rambling or choppy but this morning seems to be one of my days where multiple sclerosis is messing with my word search in my head.  The words I want to use seem to be right on the tip of tongue but just won't materialize so I can put them on here.  Another cup of coffee just might help so I will close this for now.

Have a great fall day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment