Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Monday, July 2, 2012

June musings

June is my birthday month and I no longer look forward to adding one more to my age but we all know the alternative is definitely not what we want so I guess I'll just keeping doing the +1 as long as the Lord allows.

We went on an 8 day vacation doing our favorite pastime-camping!!  

The first half was spent at campground close to a small town in Michigan.  If you camp our beautiful state I recommend you camp or rent a cabin at the  Lake George Campground in upper Michigan.  We have a family reunion there every year for the descendants of my parents.  This was our smallest reunion yet but hope to larger next year!  

Those of us there had a great time as always, even in the rain that came down for a short while on Friday afternoon.  Proof of that in these pics of my great-nephew playing in the rain!

His smile tells it all!


Our grandson eating a s'mores that he made!

Now what?  
Our granddaughter waiting patiently for an empty roasting fork so she can roast another marshmallow
And great-nephew wondering where his next s'more will come from
















Then the reunion bunch broke up Sunday night so the younger family members could go to work on Monday.  But, my sister, her husband, my husband and I (who are all retired) moved our RVs up to Kalkaska MI for 4 more days.  We joined another couple there for their first visit to the campground.  This a great campground that we spent many vacations throughout the years with my mother and dad.  Now we, as adults enjoy the memories camping there brings back and the new memories we make are wonderful too.  So, again, if you get to upper Michigan check out Log Lake Campground.  Unfortunately no pictures taken there.  A photographer I am not.


When we got home found an abundance of emails and FB postings to go through.  Among all these was a request from a wholesaler wanting 40 pairs of my barefoot sandals for children.  Still have not totally negotiated the deal but the one offer barely covers the cost of my time and materials so wondering if I really want to commit to this large order.  Here are a couple pairs I recently made and some of them need blocking for them to look more finished.  I still haven't decided what to do with this offer or if we can come to an agreement.
 

Don't know what Barefoot Sandals are?  Check them out on my FB page.  Barefoot sandals

Have a safe, fun 4th of July!






No comments:

Post a Comment