Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Monday, January 7, 2013

I FORMED A NEW GROUP ON FB!


Do you ever have those late night ideas and then immediately act on them?  Do you ever regret them?

I had the idea to start a group on Facebook to crochet or knit hats for premature babies at a local hospital that has NICU (neonatal intensive care unit).  When I called to inquire about doing this the nurse manager said they have many groups making hats but blankets are needed.  We talked some more and she talked also about the need for nice outfits to take the babies home in and how lots of families don't have that cute take-home outfit that most of us do.  So, I am rethinking the idea and have formed a group on FB called Wonderful things for Hurley Hospital NICU babies and their families.  If you are interested just follow this link.   Wonderful things....


Also here is some info about Hurley's NICU:


"NICU Services for Families



In the Hurley Medical Center Level III NICU, caring for critically ill and premature newborns is just part of what we do. We also care very deeply about parents and siblings. Our entire NICU staff does everything we can to make them comfortable, help them rest, answer their questions, calm their fears, and teach them how to care for their new baby, during their hospital stay and after they take their baby home."
For more information about Hurley go to Hurley Hospital's NICU

I don't regret starting this group but I do wish I hadn't started the group before I talked to the nurse.  It took me a little out of my comfort zone.  Not only did I have to figure out how to change the name of the group, I am now asking for larger projects from anyone that joins but I think it can be done!

So, I am wondering if you have some time on your hands to crochet, knit or sew something for these babies' trip home that you will join our group.  It can be as small as a couple squares for a blanket or as big as making the entire blanket and/or a take home outfit for the parents to be proud to take their baby home in.
Think of the smiles it will bring to so many faces, including yours!






No comments:

Post a Comment