Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Saturday, February 23, 2013



Lots of fun things at the end of my crochet hook in February!

And here are some of them!



Victoria(an 18" doll) is getting a new outfit!  The skirt is 
almost finished then I will be making a light, bright
green top and hat to go with the skirt. 
And I will be adding some green to the skirt 
or some navy to the hat and top.
I started the skirt to test some yarn I had bought at Big Lots. I had never used their brand of yarn so I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to shrink or "pill" when washed and dried.  I started the skirt, measured the skirt, washed, dried it and no shrinkage and no pilling.  So, decided to use some of the other yarn I had bought at the same time to finish the skirt and make a top to match.  These will all be my own design.  I wish I could find an easier way to write patterns.  Any suggestions?  If you write your own patterns what do you use to make it easier?







And here are some items pinned and waiting to dry before sending them to friends.  Sometimes it amazes me how many pins are used to get the correct shapes.  The cross bookmark took a lot but it is so pretty when finished.
I have made several of these bookmarks for friends and family.  I found the pattern at Maggie's Crochet.  The name of the pattern is
Lace Cross and is designed by Maggie Weldon.

 The cross bookmark is for a friend whose adult son was just diagnosed with MS.  My friend also has MS so she is well aware of what a diagnosis of this disease can do to a person.  Since the symptoms of MS can vary so much from person to person only the future will show what is ahead for her son.  The unknown is sometimes
the worst part of this disease.

I don't remember where I got the pattern for the snowflakes.  Chances are good
the largest one is from Snowcatcher!
This bookmark I designed and crocheted
for a friend.  Her name starts with C which is why
 I crocheted a C into the bookmark.
 This is part of a "Paying it forward" fun event on
FB that I signed up for.
This lady has kept me sane more
than once when MS was MeSsing with me.





Here are two afghans that will be delivered soon to Hurley Hospital's NICU.    If you would like to join us in making afghans, blankets, quilts, layettes, booties, sweaters come find us on FB.  Our group is Wonderful things for Hurley NICU babies and their families.


And what has been your crafting projects this February??




No comments:

Post a Comment