Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Doll clothes during a "down" week!


A week ago I suffered a small MS Exacerbation, which just means I was not feeling very well because of this tight band sensation I sometimes get.  It is called the MS Hug by some but this time I would call it the MS steelband.  An exacerbation is actually anytime MS seems to raise its ugly head and give us a new symptom or return an old one. I could have gone and had IV steroids but I avoid them as much as I can so I spent a lot of time in my husband's recliner crocheting doll clothes.

Here are some of what I made:


I used a pattern I found on Dustbunnie.com called Jumper, for 18" doll and I designed my own blouse but didn't write as a crocheted so no pattern until I make the next one.  

There is another pic of it further down the page.


Hat and coat I made for a doll that I think is a version of Barbie's sister.  No pattern just had a small amount of yarn I wanted to use up.  


another skirt and top I made but unfortunately again I didn't write as I crocheted again.  But the skirt I started with a pattern from www.crochetnmore.com but changed up a little.  It is called Ruffled Doll Skirt for 18 inch Doll.  


A skirt and top for same little doll as above so no pattern because I designed as I went.  I wish you could see the ruffle better on the top.  I really like that little bit of extra detail.

These are some I made in the past so they make look familiar to you.








And some more that I made during my weak week.  LOL at myself, is there a name for using two words that sound alike but spelled different?

this is a skirt and top I made.  The close-up of the skirt shows an elastic band I double crocheted around to make the waist.  You may want to make a top that covers the band or tuck a white one into it and it looks like it was meant to be seen.  




I love how this top turned out, again one of those that  started out with a pattern and soon turned into more of my own design.  But I have no idea what pattern I started with. 

Some shoes I crocheted using a pattern called T-Strap Booties, designed by Yvonne Healy, the pattern if for a newborn and I used a fine sport weight yarn, size D hook and only did the pattern to the Upper toe row 4.  If you look close you will see what I do to keep the shoes on the doll.  I weave elastic thread through the top and pull slightly smaller than the circumference of her ankles.  Make sure to use a good tight, nonslip knot to secure and don't clip too close to the knot.

These are boots that I designed.  I have the pattern written in long hand but there is something very similar at quidoo.com called Go Go Boots which is part of Free Eighteen inch Doll Jazzy Winter Outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment