Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

March is MS Awareness Month!




Catina is a friend of mine.  We met at the MS Self-help Group that I have been lucky enough to belong to and serve as the leader for about the past 10 years.  She is our youngest member.  I now struggle with that last sentence.

You see Catina is now in a "nursing home".  She has been there for about 3 years and no longer is able to walk, talk, eat (except through a permanent tube in her stomach). So, she doesn't attend our meeting but I try to keep her in other's thoughts too so she is not forgotten.  I have come to love Catina more and more!  She was always our most positive member.  She never complained about what life had dealt her at such a young age.  

When Catina first joined our group she was one of the most positive person I have ever known!  Always had a smile and never a bad word to say about anyone or anything!  

Somehow I know she still has a very positive attitude but it is impossible for her to convey that attitude trapped within her body like it is.  

So, for people like Catina I ask you to donate when asked by family or friends.  Somewhere, around one of these corners, there is a cure but research is not cheap!

Thanks for listening!  And if you don't know anyone walking, riding, hanging out in the mud to raise money I would love to take your money. ;-)

This is my my participant page where you can donate  for a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.  thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment