Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My WIP is an afghan for my granddaughter.  What is(are) yours?

The afghan that I have been working is getting bigger!  I wish I would get the grid going for what hexagons would go where so when I tire of crocheting the hexagons I could work on joining them.  I haven't even decided what join I will use.  Thinking probably just 'sew' them together instead of crocheting them.  And will I use the off white or something different?  I have a few sewn together with the off white so will probably will use that.  For those that remember when I was debating about another color I chose the blue to add that you see in the top two rows.  She has a blue bedroom with most of the other colors as accent in that room. 

In one of the nearby small cities is one of my fav stores to visit when I am there.  It is called Dollar Daze but not everything is $1.00 but prices are discounted.  I found a small skein of yarn that I knew would make cute hat for an 18 inch doll but I was able to make a hat for 18 inch and  Barbie doll and a scarf for each of them also.  I think they turned out very cute.





I found another new stitch that I have never tried at Moogly's called the linked treble stitch.  I plan to use it on my next doll skirt.  I like the looks of it mostly because it doesn't seem to leave any gaps.





How to join yarn by making a double knot by Jane Richmond. tying two skeins of yarn together I use this all the time now.  I have even been successful tying two different colors together at the end/beginning of a round.


Have you found any new or just new to you stitches or helpful hints?  Please share with me along with link where you found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment